Assistant Operations Manager
Position: Assistant Operations Manager
Contract type: Permanent
Hours of work: 40 hours, based of 5 days out of 7
Responsible to: Operations Manager
Responsible for: Operations Department Personnel
About the role:
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, supervise the operational elements of a race day and non-racing events and ensure they run efficiently and safely. To ensure the site is consistently presented and maintained to a high standard through management of the maintenance and cleaning team. Work closely with the Operations Manager and Executive Director in undertaking site developments and take the lead on all matters regarding Health and Safety.
Key responsibilities for the role will include:
- To liaise with the local Police on security and crime prevention matters, including external traffic and public issues.
- To liaise with the local Environmental Health Officer on all matters relating to health, safety.
- To liaise with the Fire Service to ensure that all legal relevant obligations are met.
- To communicate Company requirements and procedures with regard to health, safety and security.
- To maintain the Emergency Evacuation & Contingency Plans for the site, to cover both racedays and non-racedays Events.
- To devise and communicate a Company security strategy to ensure the protection of manpower and material company resources.
- To ensure all legal requirements are met with regard to record keeping; COSHH, RIDDOR, Risk Assessments
- To keep up to date with changes in relevant legislation and advise the Operations Manager and Executive Director of any such changes and your consequent recommendations (e.g.: licensing, SIA etc).
- Production and maintenance of Risk Assessments and relevant Health & Safety training records. To maintain centralised copies of all such records.
- To lead the health and safety culture and development of safety processes within the business.
- Any reasonable tasks as delegated by the Executive Director or Operations Manager
- Responsible for booking medical cover for Non Race days
- Responsible for CCTV maintenance
- Under the direction of the Operations Manager undertake staffing for stewards and security on all Racedays/None Racedays in accordance with financial budgets.
- Responsible for all electrical installation minor and major works
- Ensure that all emergency lighting is current and in full working order.
- Work with the Operations Manager to ensure that all paperwork is current and complies with General safety Certificate
- Responsible for All PPE requirements throughout the site
- Locations Trade stand and equipment on race days
- Sign off all site plans throughout site for event days
- Responsible for contactors i.e. site Inductions and to ensure all paperwork and Health & safety Documents are current and up to date.
- Business or Event qualification would be an advantage
- NVQ Spectator Safety
- Health and Safety qualification (IOSH or NEBOSH)
- Computer literate.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Racecourse, Sport, Leisure or hotel background would be an advantage.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Logical approach to tasks
- Excellent approach towards time management
- Works well under pressure.
- Customer service focused (internal and external).
- Organised, systematic and process driven.
Key performance indicators
- Completing tasks within deadline as set by Operations Manager
- Maintaining costs within budgeted parameters.
- Customer feedback on effective event delivery
- Effective undertaking of key duties.
To apply for the position email email@example.com with your CV and a covering letter.
Position: Staffing Co-ordinator
Contract type: Permanent
Hours of work: 25 hours per week,
Responsible to: Head of Food and Beverage
About the role:
Through the use of effective recruitment techniques the Staffing Coordinator will reduce the reliance of agency dependency and consistently demonstrate a high level of organisational and communication skills at all times.
The Staffing Coordinator for Newcastle Racecourse will play a vital role in ensuring all racedays and events are supported by a team of casual workers who offer the highest standard of customer care.
About the role
- Work with the Head of Food and Beverage to plan casual staff recruitment for key events and seasonal work.
- Plan and promote recruitment open days.
- Ensure the compliance of the correct interviewing format and maintain the recruitment database.
- Maintain a pool of casual workers through creative recruitment and retention techniques.
- Coordinate work placements within the catering department.
- Work with local schools, colleges and universities to access recruitment pools and promote working at Newcastle Racecourse.
Working with Agency Partners
- Engage with local agencies to ensure the company receives the most competitive rates possible.
- Create relationships with local agencies to ensure agency workers utilised for the venue have the required standards and skills.
- To work with the Regional HR Manager and Head of Food and Beverage to maintain and update the training needs analysis for casual catering workers.
- Coordinate the administration of all compliance training.
- With initial guidance from Regional HR Manager, lead the induction of casual catering workers.
- Coordinate raceday and event team briefs.
- Maintain all casual worker personnel files. Ensuring all relevant documents are present, for example; evidence of Right to Work in the UK documents.
- Responsible for maintaining all filing systems relating to casual workers.
- Responsible for contacting casual workers and booking them in for shifts in accordance with business needs in a timely and effective manner.
- Order and distribute casual worker uniform including name badges.
- Conduct monthly stock takes.
- Maintain an accurate log of all laundered uniform and the costs associated to it.
- Produce accurate, timely variable labour forecast and actual figures.
- Manage timesheets for payroll submission •Ensure purchase orders are raised and logged accurately for invoice staff and agency labour.
Skills and Qualities
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to motivate others
- Good prioritisation skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
Due to the volume of applications, only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
- Experience in a similar role is preferable: 1 year
Apply to - firstname.lastname@example.org