- The disabled customer pays the admission rate for either of our two enclosures and one carer is admitted free of charge into that same enclosure provided they give proof of being a carer
- A designated area is reserved close to the admissions turnstiles for disabled parking
- We recommend early arrival, particularly on feature race days, to secure your parking in this location
- Please be aware that although our car park is on flat land, it can be uneven in places, and consists of a combination of grass and shingle path
- Please advise our car park stewards of your disability so they can direct you to the reserved parking
Grandstand and Paddock Enclosure
- Extensive lawns to the front of the main grandstands
- Plenty of tarmac access to the rear of all stands
- Disabled toilets
- Tarmac path from the parade ring and winning enclosure to the front track side lawns
- TV screens in all bars
- Includes access to all grandstand and paddock areas as well as,
- The cocktail bar on the first floor via lift
- The Raceday restaurants on the first and second floors via lift
- A disabled toilet is located on the ground floor of the premier enclosure close to the admissions desk and entrance
- TV screens in all bars and restaurants
- A tarmac bookmakers betting ring is located to the front of the grandstand and paddock and premier enclosures
- Tote betting facilities are available in most bars and restaurants
- Please be aware that the only external covered viewing is located in the two Grandstand and Paddock stands and can only be accessed via terraced steppings
- In the event of rain there is cover in the bars all of which include TV screens
In general Newcastle Racecourse offers easy access to all areas. There are many paths and tarmac areas but you may also need to cross grassed areas at times so please be aware of changing ground conditions in rain.
We do advise that you bring waterproof clothing and an umbrella if rain is forecast, particularly those confined to a wheelchair who may experience delay in reaching a covered area.
If you require further advice or assistance before your arrival please call Customer Services on 0191 2362020 and we will be happy to help.