Newcastle Racecourse has two types of basic tickets:
- Grandstand & Paddock
CHOOSE YOUR ENCLOSURE
A ticket for the Premier Enclosure allows access to all public areas of the racecourse including Cocktail Lounge Bar & Colonel Porters Hall. The stand has superb facilities including modern bars, food outlets, Tote betting outlets, cafe style seating, seats on the terrace over-looking the Parade Ring and plenty of TVs. Premier Enclosure admission also allows access to the Winners’ Enclosure and Pre-Parade Ring, Parade Ring and all racecourse bars and catering outlets.
A ticket for the Grandstand and Paddock Enclosure allows access to the Grandstand Hall, Lawns and Parade Ring.
Please note there are disabled viewing areas and toilets in both enclosures.
To book tickets, you will need to go through each individual fixture, which will display price information too.
Tickets may be purchased in several ways:
- At the turnstiles on the day of the race meeting. For this method tickets will be the full price rate (except for Senior Citizens).
- On-line. Tickets for any enclosure can be booked online up until 12noon the day before a race meeting. The race meeting will be removed from the online ticket booking page once the deadline has passed. Ticket bookings completed online are sold at £3 off the full price rate except Festival fixtures and live music racedays. A booking fee of £2.50 is charged with online ticket bookings.
- Over the phone. Call the racecourse office on 0191 236 2020 and make payments by credit or debit cards. Tickets are charged at full price rate. A booking fee of £2.50 is charged on all card transactions (this is per booking, not per ticket).
- Cheques. To purchase tickets by this method, cheques must be received in the racecourse office at least 7 working days before the appropriate race meeting. Cheques should be made out to “High Gosforth Park” sent with a cover note advising which race meeting and which enclosure, as well as an address and full contact details for them to be sent to.
- Internet Banking Transfer. Please contact the racecourse office if you wish to pay by this method.
- Cash. Tickets may be purchased at full price rate with payment by cash or card in person at the racecourse office until 12 noon the day before racing. Office hours are Mon – Fri, 9.00am to 5.30pm.
Advance bookings must be made by 12 noon on the day before racing. Tickets booked in advance are not refundable except in the case of an abandoned meeting. Children aged 18 and under are admitted free of charge to all race meetings when accompanied by a paying adult. Parking in the main public car park is free.
Are there any discounts for seniors or students?
Seniors Citizens are classified as over 60 for both men and women and will receive a £6 discount from the gate prices. This is not available to purchase in advance as ID may be required.
What about refunds & cancellations, lost or stolen badges?
Refunds or exchanges cannot be given for tickets already purchased prior to a race meeting. If tickets are lost, stolen or not received, guests must purchase another ticket to gain admission and will be refunded the price of the ticket after the race meeting if the original ticket is not used. Refunds will only be made in the event that racing is abandoned and the refund policy is:
Abandonment before completion of the first race ..... Full refund
Abandonment before completion of the third race .... 50% refund
Abandonment after the third race ...........................No refund
Please note: Admissions Packages where the vouchers have been redeemed, for food and drink, will be subject to charges and also Hospitality where food has been consumed.
For further information please call 0191 236 2020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org