Newcastle Racecourse holds 30 race meetings in 2013, spanning both the Flat & National Hunt Seasons. The beautiful 812 acre High Gosforth Park estate is also home to
Parklands Golf complex, superb conference & banqueting facilities, The Border Minstrel public house and extensive woodland walks.
2013 HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- New Year Meetings: Access all Areas - come racing for just Â£10 in January on Saturday 5, Wednesday 16 and Wednesday 30.
- Saturday 23 February: The Betfred Eider Chase: a grueling test of stamina, the Eider is often seen as a rehearsal for the Grand National.
- March Race Meetings: we have jump race meetings on Tuesday 5 and Wednesday March 20.
- Monday 1 April East Monday Raceday: this is a new fixture which promises to be a great day out for the whole family with Funfair rides, Easter hunt and great entertainment.
- Saturday 6 April: Bet 365 Grand National Raceday: Join us for a great day out and watch the Grand National on the big screen.
- Spring Evening Meetings: perfect for a night out with friends or work colleagues, with ESH Charitable Trust Raceday on April 25, and racing on May 8.
- June 27: the Betfred Northumberland Plate Festival: the highlight of the racing calendar is our 3 day festival with first class racing and a superb atmosphere for the John Smiths Northumberland Plate Race.
- June 28: Betfred Gosforth Park Cup Night with live music from Madness.
- June 29: the Betfred Northumberland Plate Festival: the highlight of the racing calendar is our 3 day festival with first class racing and a superb atmosphere for the John Smiths Northumberland Plate Race.
- Saturday July 27: Beeswing Ladies Day: get your tickets early for the North Eastâ€™s social event of the year, and be sure to dress to impress.
- Summer Racing: an ideal way to enjoy the festive season with family, friends or colleagues.
- Friday 23 August: with CHUF Charity Racenight, a fantastic evening of racing while supporting a very worthy cause.
- Monday 26 August, Blaydon Races Family Day Out: We have a Funfair and entertainment for all the family, there is no better way to spend your summer Bank Holiday.
- Autumn Racing: Come along and take in the atmosphere at a fantastic day at the races. Wednesday 2, Tuesday 15 October and Friday 15 November.
- Saturday 30 November: the StanJames.com Fighting Fifth Hurdle: this is the highlight of the jumps season with champion horses and jockeys from all over the UK and Irelands travelling to take part in this historic race.
- Saturday 21 December: the Northumberland Chase Christmas Raceday, come and enjoy the racing and browse around our Christmas market, an ideal way to enjoy the festive season with family, friends or colleagues.
View our upcoming race fixtures
Download the Winning Post Newsletter (pdf, 8.4mb)