Newcastle Racecourse holds 29 race meetings in 2015, spanning both the Flat & National Hunt Seasons. The beautiful 812 acre High Gosforth Park estate is also home to Parklands Golf complex, superb conference & banqueting facilities, Border Minstrel public house and extensive woodland walks.
2015 HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- New Year Racing: One Enclosure - come racing from just £13 on Saturday 3, Wednesday 14, Wednesday 28 January and Friday 6 February.
- Saturday 21 February: The Betfred Eider Chase: a grueling test of stamina, the Eider is often seen as a rehearsal for the Grand National.
- March Racing: We have jump race meetings on Tuesday 3 and Tuesday March 27.
- Saturday 14 March: This is MTrec St Patrick’s Raceday, a very popular fixture which promises to be a great day out for family and friends with great entertainment.
- Saturday 11 April: Vertem Grand National Raceday: Join us for a great day out and watch the Grand National on the big screen.
- 28 April Evening Racing: Perfect for a night out with friends or work colleagues.
- May Racing: We have midweek flat racing on Wednesday 13 and Tuesday 19 May and Newcastle International Airport Raceday on Friday 29 May.
- Saturday 6 June: is Speedflex Charity Racenight, a fantastic evening of racing with LIVE music.
- Northumberland Plate Festival: the highlight of the racing calendar this 3 day festival has first class racing and a superb atmosphere. The festival opens with the Betfred Seaton Delaval Trophy Raceday on Thursday 25 June. Friday 26 June is the Betfred Gosforth Park Cup Night, always a popular fixture for groups of friends. Saturday 27 June is the highlight of Northumberland Plate Festival the John Smith’s Northumberland Plate Race Day.
- Saturday 25 July: Collingwood Insurance Beeswing Ladies Day: get your tickets early for the North East’s social event of the year, where racing and glamour collide.
- August Racing: Thursday 6 (eve), Friday 14 and Friday 28, an ideal way to enjoy the Summer season with family, friends or colleagues.
- Monday 31 August: Vertem Blaydon Races Family Funday: We have a Funfair and entertainment for all the family, there’s no better way to spend your summer Bank Holiday.
- 4 September Racing: Northumbrian WaterAid Raceday. Come along and take in the atmosphere at a fantastic day at the races while supporting a very worthy cause.
- October and November Racing: The last two flat races of the year Wednesday 1 & Tuesday 13 October then we have the start of the jump season with ITPS/Cellular Solutions Raceday on Friday 13 November.
- Saturday 28 November: the StanJames.com Fighting Fifth Hurdle: this is the highlight of the jumps season with champion horses and jockeys from all over the UK and Irelands travelling to take part in this historic race.
- December Racing: join us on Thursday 10 or Saturday 19 December for the Northumberland Chase Christmas Raceday and enjoy a Christmas party with a difference. An ideal way to enjoy the festive season with family, friends or colleagues
View our upcoming race fixtures