Newcastle Racecourse is a Grade 1 National Hunt track, as well as a world class All Weather track hosting 62 racing fixtures throughout the year. The beautiful 812 acre High Gosforth Park estate is also home to Parklands Golf complex, superb conference & banqueting facilities, The Border Minstrel public house and extensive woodland walks.
2017 HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- We have 16 Category C Racedays in January and February: One Enclosure - come racing from just £11 during the week and £16 on a Friday or Saturday.
- Saturday 25 February: The Betfred Eider Chase: a gruelling test of stamina, the Eider is often seen as a rehearsal for the Grand National.
- In March we have 11 Category C Racedays: One Enclosure – from just £11 during the week and £16 on a Friday or Saturday.
- Saturday 18 March: St Patrick’s Raceday, a very popular fixture which promises to be a great day out for family and friends with great entertainment.
- Saturday 8 April Raceday: Our Grand National Raceday is back! Always a popular fixture at Newcastle with live action from Aintree shown on the big screen.
- New this year on 14 April is our Good Friday Family Raceday Alice’s Wonderland: Part of the All Weather Championships finals day our Good Friday raceday is going to have something for everyone including the kids, with Fairground rides, face painters and great entertainment throughout the day.
- May Racedays: We have two racedays in May on Friday 19 May and Tuesday 23.
- Saturday 3 June – Jedi Night sponsored by the Graham Wylie Foundation: Join us for an evening’s racing and meeting some of your favourite characters from Star Wars.
- 2017 sees the 135 year of the Northumberland Plate Festival: the highlight of the racing calendar at Newcastle. This three day festival has first class racing and a superb atmosphere.
- The festival opens with the Betfred Seaton Delaval Trophy Raceday on Thursday 29 June.
- Friday 30 June is the Betfred Gosforth Park Cup Night, always a popular evening fixture for groups of friends and we’re delighted to have the fantastic UB40 live after racing.
- Saturday 1 July is the highlight of Northumberland Plate Festival, the Northumberland Plate Race Day and this year we’ve added a Family Enclosure with Fairground rides and a host of activities to entertainment the whole family.
- Saturday 29 July: Collingwood Insurance Beeswing Ladies Day: get your tickets early for the North East’s social event of the year, where racing and glamour collide.
- Category C Racedays: One Enclosure – enjoy racing from August to November from just £11 midweek. With the Jump season starting up again on Friday 17 November.
- Saturday 2 December: the Fighting Fifth Hurdle: the highlight of the jumps season with champion horses and jockeys from all over the UK and Irelands travelling to take part in this historic race.
- December Racing: wrap up warm and join us on Wednesday 6, Thursday 14, Saturday 16 or Saturday 23 December and enjoy a Christmas party with a difference.
For further information please call 0191 236 2020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org