Newcastle Racecourse holds 30 race meetings in 2014, spanning both the Flat & National Hunt Seasons. The beautiful 812 acre High Gosforth Park estate is also home to Parklands Golf complex, superb conference & banqueting facilities, The Border Minstrel public house and extensive woodland walks. (Can we have a link to the Border website too)
2014 HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- New Year Racing: One Enclosure - come racing for just £15 on Saturday 4, Wednesday 15, Wednesday 29 January and Friday 7 February .
- Saturday 22 February: The Betfred Eider Chase: a grueling test of stamina, the Eider is often seen as a rehearsal for the Grand National.
- March Racing: we have jump race meetings on Tuesday 4 and Tuesday March 28.
- Saturday 15 March: this is St Patrick’s Raceday, a very popular fixture we have back for 2014, which promises to be a great day out for family and friends with great entertainment.
- Saturday 5 April: Grand National Raceday: Join us for a great day out and watch the Grand National on the big screen.
- April Evening Racing: perfect for a night out with friends or work colleagues, with a Racenight on Thursday 24 April and ESH Charitable Trust Racenight on Tuesday 29 April.
- May Racing: we have flat racing with Newcastle Brown Ale Raceday on 20 May and Newcastle International Airport Raceday on 30th May.
- Saturday 7 June: with CHUF Charity Racenight, a fantastic evening of racing while supporting a very worthy cause.
- Northumberland Plate Festival: the highlight of the racing calendar this 3 day festival has first class racing and a superb atmosphere. The festival opens with the Betfred Seaton Delaval Trophy Raceday on Thursday 26 June. Friday 27 June is the Betfred Gosforth Park Cup Night, always a popular fixture for groups of friends. Saturday 28 June is the John Smith’s Northumberland Plate Race Day which is the highlight of Northumberland Plate Festival.
- Saturday 26 July: Collingwood Insurance Beeswing Ladies Day: get your tickets early for the North East’s social event of the year, where racing and glamour collide.
- August Racing: Thursday 7, Friday 15 and Friday 22, an ideal way to enjoy the Summer season with family, friends or colleagues.
- Monday 26 August, Blaydon Races Family Funday: We have a Funfair and entertainment for all the family, there is no better way to spend your summer Bank Holiday.
- September Racing: Friday 5 and Tuesday 23. Come along and take in the atmosphere at a fantastic day at the races.
- October and November Racing: The last two flat races of the year Wednesday 1 & Tuesday 14 October and the start of the jump season with ITPS/Cellular Solutions Raceday on Friday 14 November
- Saturday 29 November: the StanJames.com Fighting Fifth Hurdle: this is the highlight of the jumps season with champion horses and jockeys from all over the UK and Irelands travelling to take part in this historic race.
- Saturday 21 December: the Northumberland Chase Christmas Raceday, come and enjoy the racing, an ideal way to enjoy the festive season with family, friends or colleagues.
View our upcoming race fixtures