Newcastle Racecourse is a Grade 1 National Hunt track, as well as a world class All Weather track hosting 49 racing fixtures throughout the year. The beautiful 812 acre High Gosforth Park estate is also home to Parklands Golf complex, superb conference & banqueting facilities, The Border Minstrel public house and extensive woodland walks.
2016 HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- Midweek Racedays: One Enclosure - come racing from just £12 on Thursday 7, Wednesday 13, Monday 25 January, Wednesday 3 February and Tuesday 8 March. Our May Racedays on 17 and 26 (eve) see the start of our All Weather fixtures.
- Saturday 27 February: The Betfred Eider Chase: a grueling test of stamina, the Eider is often seen as a rehearsal for the Grand National.
- Saturday 19 March: this is MTrec St Patrick’s Raceday, a very popular fixture which promises to be a great day out for family and friends with great entertainment.
- Friday 8 April Raceday: come racing at our jump race meeting in April from £14.
- Saturday 4 June: JT Dove Racenight is a popular evening fixture with fantastic racing.
- Northumberland Plate Festival: the highlight of the racing calendar this 3 day festival has first class racing and a superb atmosphere. The festival opens with the Betfred Seaton Delaval Trophy Raceday on Thursday 23 June. Friday 24 June is the Betfred Gosforth Park Cup Night, always a popular evening fixture for groups of friends. Saturday 25 June is the highlight of Northumberland Plate Festival the John Smith’s Northumberland Plate Race Day, featured on Channel 4.
- Saturday 23 July: Collingwood Insurance Beeswing Ladies Day: get your tickets early for the North East’s social event of the year, where racing and glamour collide.
- Midweek Racedays: One Enclosure - come racing from just £12 on Thursday 4 August (eve), Thursday 29 September, Sunday 16, Tuesday 18 and Tuesday 25 October.
- August Racing: Friday 12 and Friday 26 (eve), an ideal way to enjoy the Summer season with family, friends or colleagues.
- Monday 29 August: Vertem Blaydon Races Family Funday: We have a Funfair and entertainment for all the family, there’s no better way to spend your summer Bank Holiday.
- September Racing: we have racing on Friday 2 September Northumbrian WaterAid Raceday, Friday 23rd September and Friday 30 September. Come along and take in the atmosphere at a fantastic day at the races with friends.
- October Racing: twe have All Weather Racing on Friday 7 & Saturday 8, Friday 14 and Friday 28 October.
- November Racing: we have All Weather fixtures on Friday 4, 18 and 25 November and the start of our Jump Season, ITPS/Cellular Solutions Raceday on Friday 11 November.
- Midweek Winter Racedays: One Enclosure - come racing from just £12 in November on Monday 7, Tuesday 8, Monday 14, Thursday 17, Monday 28 and Tuesday 29. In December we have jump racing on 8 December for the Durham County Cricket Club Raceday and All Weather on both Thursday 15 and Wednesday 21.
- Saturday 26 November: the Fighting Fifth Hurdle: this is the highlight of the jumps season with champion horses and jockeys from all over the UK and Irelands travelling to take part in this historic race.
- December Racing: wrap up warm and join us on Friday 9, Saturday 10, Friday 16 or Saturday 17 December for the Northumberland Chase Christmas Raceday and enjoy a Christmas party with a difference. We also have our New Year Rehearsal Raceday on Friday 30th December which is an ideal way to enjoy the festive season with family and friends.
For further information please call 0191 236 2020 or email email@example.com