Newcastle Racecourse is a Grade 1 National Hunt track, as well as a world class All Weather track hosting 49 racing fixtures throughout the year. The beautiful 812 acre High Gosforth Park estate is also home to Parklands Golf complex, superb conference & banqueting facilities, The Border Minstrel public house and extensive woodland walks.
2016 HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- Midweek Racedays: One Enclosure - come racing from just £12 on Thursday 7, Wednesday 13, Monday 25 January, Wednesday 3 February and Tuesday 8 March. Our May Racedays on 17 and 26 (eve) see the start of our All Weather fixtures.
- Saturday 27 February: The Betfred Eider Chase: a grueling test of stamina, the Eider is often seen as a rehearsal for the Grand National.
- Saturday 19 March: this is MTrec St Patrick’s Raceday, a very popular fixture which promises to be a great day out for family and friends with great entertainment.
- Friday 8 April Raceday: come racing at our jump race meeting in April from £14.
- Saturday 4 June: JT Dove Racenight is a popular evening fixture with fantastic racing.
- Northumberland Plate Festival: the highlight of the racing calendar this 3 day festival has first class racing and a superb atmosphere. The festival opens with the Betfred Seaton Delaval Trophy Raceday on Thursday 23 June. Friday 24 June is the Betfred Gosforth Park Cup Night, always a popular evening fixture for groups of friends. Saturday 25 June is the highlight of Northumberland Plate Festival the John Smith’s Northumberland Plate Race Day, featured on Channel 4.
- Saturday 23 July: Collingwood Insurance Beeswing Ladies Day: get your tickets early for the North East’s social event of the year, where racing and glamour collide.
- Midweek Racedays: One Enclosure - come racing from just £12 on Thursday 4 August (eve), Thursday 29 September, Sunday 16, Tuesday 18 and Tuesday 25 October.
- August Racing: Friday 12 and Friday 26 (eve), an ideal way to enjoy the Summer season with family, friends or colleagues.
- Monday 29 August: Vertem Blaydon Races Family Funday: We have a Funfair and entertainment for all the family, there’s no better way to spend your summer Bank Holiday.
- September Racing: we have racing on Friday 2 September Northumbrian WaterAid Raceday, Friday 23rd September and Friday 30 September. Come along and take in the atmosphere at a fantastic day at the races with friends.
- October Racing: twe have All Weather Racing on Friday 7 & Saturday 8, Friday 14 and Friday 28 October.
- November Racing: we have All Weather fixtures on Friday 4, 18 and 25 November and the start of our Jump Season, ITPS/Cellular Solutions Raceday on Friday 11 November.
- Midweek Winter Racedays: One Enclosure - come racing from just £12 in November on Monday 7, Tuesday 8, Monday 14, Thursday 17, Monday 28 and Tuesday 29. In December we have jump racing on 8 December for the Durham County Cricket Club Raceday and All Weather on both Thursday 15 and Wednesday 21.
- Saturday 26 November: the Fighting Fifth Hurdle: this is the highlight of the jumps season with champion horses and jockeys from all over the UK and Irelands travelling to take part in this historic race.
- December Racing: wrap up warm and join us on Friday 9, Saturday 10, Friday 16 or Saturday 17 December for the Northumberland Chase Christmas Raceday and enjoy a Christmas party with a difference. We also have our New Year Rehearsal Raceday on Friday 30th December which is an ideal way to enjoy the festive season with family and friends.
View our upcoming race fixtures