The benefits include:
- A multi-million pound investment into one of Newcastle's premier businesses, maintaining Newcastle Racecourse's reputation as a world class venue and securing the racecourse's place on the international stage.
- Boosting Newcastle's economy through the attraction of more visitors.
- Creating 275 temporary jobs for local people during the construction phase, and 25 permanent, full time jobs at the event centre.
- Providing more community facilities through the creation of an outdoor hospitality area for the public to enjoy.
- Providing the accommodation needed to ensure the continued success of Newcastle Racecourse and the wider High Gosforth Park Estate.
For more information on the development, the racecourse will be hosting a public exhibition and drop-in session before racing on Friday 31 August, between 12pm - 4pm.Click here to view the proposals in more detail.